Blog post 2 - Carmen Martinez

 This week I learned from marine biology more information about sharks than I ever knew before. For example, I did not know that sharks have Placoid scales. I simply assumed that their skin was simply sandpaper texture. It is interesting to note that since one would expect it to be more slippery to help with gliding in the water. Also, it is intriguing that sharks cannot go backwards nor stop swimming. I did not know that if they stop swimming or are unable to swim due to human damage that they will be unable to breathe in the water. Another strange thing is that the clown fish change gender so now the movie Finding Nemo is ruined for me. Lastly , I had no idea that some fish could have eggs inside of them and then be born inside as embryos and them come out as babies. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling