Blog post #3-Monse Mendoza

 

This week I was finally able to learn and memorize all of the 25 fish families. I also picked one fish out of the 25 and wrote an essay about that fish. I chose the parrotfish, and I was able to learn many interesting things about it. Some of the interesting facts that I was able to learn are that there are about 95 varied species of parrotfish. They can range from 12 – 20 in. in length, but they can be anywhere from 5 inches long to well over 4 feet. Another cool interesting fact is that their digestive systems break down the calcium carbonate in coral skeletons and they poop about 2,000 pounds of sand each year, which gives us that fine, white sand on the seafloor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling

Blog post 3 - Julianne Stivers