Blog post #3 - Snorkeling

 This week we did something I have been looking forward to for months, snorkeling! Whale watching, which is soon to come, and snorkeling were two of the most intriguing things about this trip to me. I love boats and being in the ocean, so this couldn’t have been any better. On the way to the snorkeling area I was able to sit on the side of the boat with my legs dangling off into the cool water, and watch the waves as I chatted with some new friends I make on the boat. When we got to our spot we all got our equipment and I had to wait patiently as I was one of the lasts to get into the water.  Once I jumped in I slightly panicked from having to adjust my breathing, but after a few breaths I got the hang of it and went on my way. I headed straight for the rocks hoping to see some starfish, although since I was looking down I did not realizing what I was actually heading towards was a jellyfish! When I finally looked up it was only inches away from my face and I immediately swam the opposite direction. One of the most surreal moments of this trip was swimming directly into a school of sardines and watched as they shined like silver confetti all around me. It was beautiful and a moment I will never forget. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post 3 - Julianne Stivers

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling