During this week I have learned a few more interesting things. During our time at the fish market, I saw lots of different kinds of fish. There were fishes of all different colors and different sizes. Some with teeth and I had no idea fish had tongues. I thought that was only a thing in animated shows and movies. Even when it came to the dissection it was interesting. As it is different from learning about the insides of the fish from a PowerPoint than it was in real life. I also did not know that our torpedo fish’s scales were pointy when not following the direction. I know this little bit was mentioned in the lecture so it was interesting seeing it in the flesh. That being said I have only ever dissected squid so it was fun seeing how different it was. Not to mention that cutting fish skin with scissors was quite a challenge. Who knew fish skin would be so tough. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling

Scuba Diving, Oceanographic Museum, & Cars