Fish Anatomy


 It was super cool to be able to explore fish anatomy with a real fish. I thought it was a great way to learn through doing that is super fun! During the dissection I found the fish’s eye lense which was spherical. I have never seen a lense like that before, it was like a little marble! I have never seen a whole fish this big so up close before so it was a cool experience. I learned that cartilaginous fish have a cloaca like birds and reptiles. Then being able to see and actually feel the lateral line on the fish was totally new. I knew that sharks are able to sense electronegativity in the water but I never thought of other fish having similar abilities. This exercise has made me interested in dissecting other aquatic creatures, I am especially interested in the differences between, ray finned, lobe finned, and cartilaginous fish. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling

Blog post 3 - Julianne Stivers