Learning about the French culture and coast - Aisha Davis

 There are many elements of the marine environment that are still unknown to man today. We know more about the moon than we do about the deep ocean. The ocean in general still has many surprises to me that I was not aware of, that are very common for people. For instance it genuinely surprised me how salty the water was, yes it was my first time in the ocean, and how strong the undertow was. What further surprised me about the French culture was overall how healthy and unprocessed the food is. Even McDonald's is healthier than our over-statured American chain. Something else that was generally surprising me as well was how much the French appreciate and enjoy life. For instance our host family stays up late and will often eat breakfast about 9 am. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine biology of the Mediterranean - Francesca Conway

Blog Post 3-Snorkeling

Scuba Diving, Oceanographic Museum, & Cars